20 Feb 2024

Damaged Goods

 Imagine that you bought something online, but when the item arrived, there was something wrong with it.

Write a letter of complaint. Use 120-140 words.

You might follow this plan:
P1: introduce your reason for writing (I am writing to complain about...). Give some background information: when and where you ordered the item, and how you paid for the order.
P2: write your first complaint to the company (My first complaint is...) and the negative consequence (I am afraid that...; Unfortunately, ...) 
P3: write your other complaints (In addition to this...; Furthermore, ...) and the negative consequence
P4: offer a solution (I would like to request that...; I would be grateful if you could...)
P5: express hope that your problem will be resolved

The following  phrases might help you:
- to express dissatisfaction: I am disappointed because...
- to end the letter: I look forward to hearing from you; Thank you in advance.

Don't forget to start your letter with 'Dear Sir or Madam', and sign it off with 'Yours faithfully'!