15 Mar 2023

Teen Problems

 Imagine you're an advice columnist (aka Agony Aunt / Uncle) working for a magazine. Write a letter of advice to a teen on how to deal with their problem. Use 100-120 words.

You might follow this plan:
P1: express your sympathy (I'm sorry to hear that...), state the reason for writing
P2: write your first piece of advice and support it with possible results
P3: write another piece of advice and add expected results
P4: express hope that things will get better (I hope that...) 

The following  expressions might help you:
- to give advice: I think you should/shouldn't..., If I were you, I'd..., It would be a good idea if..., The best thing to do is..., One thing you can do is..., Why don't you...?, Have you thought of...?
- to give support/result: This will mean that..., Then,..., This/That way..., If you do this, you will... . 

Don't forget to start your letter with 'Dear', and end it with some closing remarks and 'Best wishes'!